The general map contains a summary of all the severe weather hazards respectively severe weather warnings as well as useful weather advices for the Netherlands. Be prepared with the most accurate 10-day forecast for Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands with highs, lows, chance of precipitation from The Weather Channel and Weather.com Cloudy with showers. The drawback is that these coastal areas also receive the most rain (see below). That may look surprising for a country that is famous for its windmills, but The Netherlands is not particularly windy. Cloudy. The coastal areas with the beaches are the sunniest areas of the country. Showers in the morning, then cloudy in the afternoon. That is a wind to hide inside to pour yourself a nice hot cup of chocolate. High 51F. The graphs below illustrate the weather in The Netherlands more in detail and are from the Royal Dutch Institute for Meteorology. Buienradar also has an app for mobile phones, and we strongly suggest you install this app on your phone during your visit to The Netherlands. The maritime climate in The Netherlands may be moderate, but the most noticeable aspect of the weather in The Netherlands is that it is highly variable. NC Roads, Bridges Washed Out; Dozens Rescued, Snow Squall Triggers Large Pileup in Minnesota, Good Chance of Another Atlantic Tropical System, Ahead of Black Friday, This Fashionable Health & Fitness Smartwatch Is Under $45, This Lamp Charges Your Phone, Tells Time and Temperature, and Is On Sale Ahead of Black Friday, Brighten Your Grayest Day With This On-Sale Stovetop Espresso Maker That Reviewers Love, Brighten Up Your Home Project With This Work Light and Save an Extra 15% Ahead of Black Friday, A Guide to Protecting Your Kids from the Flu This Season, Check Our Interactive Map and Informational Hub, Democratic Republic of the Congo | Français, State of Vatican City (Holy See) | Italiano. Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. We like to share our knowledge with you and hope that you will enjoy The Netherlands as much as we do! Check out the best beaches in the Netherlands in this post. Chance of rain 40%. Steady light rain in the morning. Temperatures in The Netherlands still reach average daily maximum temperatures of 10 oC (50 oF) in wintertime. Low 48F. Overcast with showers at times. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Low 47F. Chance of rain 50%. Chance of rain 40%. The first option will be automatically selected. Low around 45F. Please activate Javascript in the browser. Low 44F. High 57F. Rarely, temperatures above 40 oC (104 oF) happen for 1-2 days, which allowed us to complain about too hot weather for a change. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Safety is of paramount importance to enjoy visiting a foreign country. Find the most current and reliable 7 day weather forecasts, storm alerts, reports and information for [city] with The Weather Network. In autumn and wintertime, storms happen from time to time in The Netherlands. Check out the best beaches in the Netherlands in this post. A few showers early with overcast skies late. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Minimum temperatures may reach -10 oC (14 oF) during January and February, but that is becoming more uncommon. A few passing clouds. Cloudy with occasional rain showers. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Jeans are standard, and skinny jeans are very much in fashion at the moment and an excellent choice for a cooler day. Low 44F. Bas is as Dutch as he can be with his 21 years and very convinced that he wants to live nowhere else for the rest of his life. Wooden shoes are a Dutch icon like tulips and windmills, but a bit more peculiar. link to Is The Netherlands A Safe Place To Visit? Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weatherreports, maps & tropical weather conditions for the Amsterdam area. Cloudy with showers. If you stay near the coast, you get more sunshine but also more rain. Chance of rain 40%. Mostly cloudy skies early with showers developing late. High near 50F. Low 44F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. BBC Weather in association with MeteoGroup. Since we don’t have any mountains to enjoy skiing, the lack of snow is the least of our worries. The KNMI was founded in 1854 by Buys Ballot, and is located in the province of Utrecht, in De Bilt. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Low 44F. On the map you can see at which locations respectively in which areas of the Netherlands severe weather events as gale/storm, heavy rain, heavy snow, thunderstorm or freezing rain are imminent. If the time of your visit to The Netherlands approaches, it is helpful to check out what the weather for that period may be. Low 44F. Shorts are handy for active vacations and seen everywhere from the beaches to the large cities. It allows you to take off that sweater if it is getting warm and keep it on if it remains colder than expected. We are happy to discuss that in more detail because the weather is a favorite topic for every Dutchman. Chance of rain 40%. These graphs are from their yearly review of the weather in 2019. The jetstream heavily influences the variability of the weather. On average, it rains only on 120-150 days every year in The Netherlands, and rain showers last only for 1,0-2,5 hours. We distinguish between weather watches and weather warnings. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. It rains only 7-8 % of the time, and this may very well happen during the night. High 52F. Spring is a good time to visit the Netherlands, the famous tulip season is in its prime mid-April, and it starts to warm up around this time with the average temperature being 54 degrees Fahrenheit (12 degrees C). Inland will be dryer and warmer, but the price to pay for that is less sunshine. Showers continuing in the afternoon. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 40%. The average daily maximum temperatures are 30 oC (86 oF) during the summer. Again, check out this post for the Netherlands’ 30 best activities when it rains if you visit The Netherlands in the autumn or winter. Chance of rain 40%. High 59F. Chance of rain 60%. High around 50F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. The jet stream is a strong wind that generally blows at an altitude of 9 to 10 kilometers and profoundly affects the weather in The Netherlands. Check out this post for the 30 best activities in the Netherlands when it rains. The general map contains a summary of all the severe weather hazards respectively severe weather warnings as well as useful weather advices for the Netherlands. If you visit The Netherlands during the September – November period, prepare yourself for more cloudy and rainy weather as, thanks to the jet stream, one depression after the other may pass by. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch. Spring in the Netherlands . The hours of sunshine depends on your location in The Netherlands. Cloudy skies early will become partly cloudy later in the day. Chance of rain 50%. Low 44F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Amsterdam Weather Forecasts. Patchy drizzle possible. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Windy with morning showers evolving to a steady, soaking rain in the afternoon. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. And last but not least, bring your umbrella, just in case…! On the other hand, expect many cloudy and grey days from November – January when sunshine hours drop significantly. Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High around 50F. In general, if the jet stream runs over The Netherlands, it will be cloudy and rainy as depression after depression passes by. High 51F. The graph of the monthly maximum temperatures in The Netherlands below illustrates the moderate climate in the Netherlands. Storm winds of 5-6 Beaufort are not uncommon in these periods, but that is not a suitable wind to operate a traditional windmill. I put on my own wooden shoes to find... We love The Netherlands! If you look at the figures below, it is evident that The Netherlands is much sunnier than it feels. Chance of rain 40%. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Recently searched locations will be displayed if there is no search query. You can find their weather forecast for The Netherlands for the next 14 days here. The dryest period of the year is springtime, and spring is the best time to visit The Netherlands. Cloudy with showers. The occasional shower at the end of a sunny summer day is not uncommon. Chance of rain 50%. Cloudy. link to Why Did The Dutch Walk On Wooden Shoes? Current weather in Amsterdam and forecast for today, tomorrow, and next 14 days Chance of rain 30%. Chance of rain 40%. The chances are that you will have an active vacation and do a lot of walking and biking in and around the cities. Low 53F. High 52F. Cloudy with showers. In my experience, the most reliable weather forecast for the Netherlands is provided by Buienradar. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. The North Sea provides a cooling effect in summer and a moderating influence in winter. The Netherlands has a maritime climate with relatively mild winters and summers and precipitation throughout the year. Thereby, three levels are distinguished: The orange warning level stands for a (upcoming) moderate severe weather event, the red warning level for a strong severe weather event and the violet, top warning level for an extremely strong severe weather event in the Netherlands. During summertime, the jetstream usually moves to the north, and the high-pressure areas from Africa and the Azores Islands bring much better weather to The Netherlands.